Quick & Easy Baking: Awesome Cupcakes

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

 These awesome cupcakes are a family favorite and requested by everyone who has tried them - which makes it even luckier that they are quick and easy to make!

I have had this cake at every birthday party since I could remember, at my baby shower, and now make it for my Little Man on his birthdays. The Hubbs requests it for his special occasions, co-workers want it at food days and everyone wants the recipe!

So, without hesitation, here is the famous Sherry Smith Cake and Frosting Recipe

You will need:

CAKE:
1 white cake mix (I prefer Betty Crocker Super Moist - White)
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil (I use Olive Oil)
4 eggs

FROSTING:
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup vegetable shortening
2/3 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 T. almond
Pinch of salt


MIX: Combine all cake ingredients and beat until smooth.

RELAX: Don’t stress - this one is super easy. Enjoy yourself and have a margarita while you wait for it to all come together.

GATHER: Find you cupcake pan and liners or favorite baking cups and give them a light spray of oil. I really like these silicone cupcake liners my friend bought for me.

FILL: Fill your baking cups 2/3 full and bake according to the box (If you are using  cake pans, bake
accordingly). Take care to not over bake - THIS IS THE SECRET!

FROST: When cupcakes are cool, whip your frosting - beat it FOREVER! If it doesn’t whip up, add a tad more flour - just 1 tablespoon at a time.

Don’t fear the pastry bag - find one, pick a tip, fill it and go to town. Practice makes perfect
and your cupcakes will look amazing with a perfect top! I use disposable pastry bags with a flat tip.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hyvaa Paivaa Textiles © 2012 | Designed by Bubble Shooter, in collaboration with Reseller Hosting , Forum Jual Beli and Business Solutions